About DEP Water Rates
On June 20, 2016, a court invalidated the Water Board’s resolution approving a new Rate Schedule set to go into place July 1, 2016. The Water Board and DEP are appealing this decision.
What does this mean for you?
- All water and sewer bills issued after July 1, 2016 are valid and must be paid by the listed due date.
- Water and sewer rates will remain the same pending the outcome of the appeal.
- At this time, Tax Class 1 property owners (1, 2, and 3 family homes) will not receive the $183 water rate credit as previously announced.
- Expansion of the Home Water Assistance Program. The Home Water Assistance Program was expanded from 53,700 to 65,700 participants to allow for thousands more senior homeowners who make less than $50,000 per year to receive an annual credit on their water bills of $115.89.
- Creation of the Multi-family Water Assistance Program. A new program that will provide a $250 credit to as many as 40,000 affordable housing units which meet certain requirements.
If you have any questions or need additional information please contact DEP at
(718) 595-7000 or email email@example.com.