Prevent Burns and Falls
In the Kitchen:
- Use the stove's back burners, if possible when cooking
- Keep hot coffee, tea, milk or water away from your baby.Â
- Test bath water on your wrist before putting the baby in the tub or sink.
Around the house:
- Keep matches out of reach of children.
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or where a child can touch it.
Outside Your Home:
- Don't let babies or children play in the halls, stairwell, or elevator.
- Keep your baby strapped securely in the stroller.
- Use playgrounds with rubber or sand on the ground, not concrete.
- Make sure your child plays on equipment that is right for his/her age, such as the baby swing.
- Stay close while the baby plays.
Note: IF THERE'S ANY KIND OF WEAPON IN YOUR HOME, put it where children cannot touch it. Keep guns unloaded with the trigger locked, inside a lockbox.