Be 911 Compressions Only CPR program
Learn CPR-Be 911.
Be 911 Compressions Only CPR program equips New Yorkers with the skills to act in the event of cardiac arrest by offering free instruction across the five boroughs. The program, taught by certified FDNY EMS personnel, has successfully trained over 50,000 New Yorkers in compressions-only CPR.
Out-of-hospital sudden cardiac arrest is responsible for an estimated 160,000 deaths a year nationally. CPR, or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation, is a life-saving technique that helps increase survival rates for victims of cardiac arrest. It works by maintaining blood flow to the heart and brain until help arrives.
CPR Training is free and convenient. Register online for one of our session across the five boroughs. The FDNY Mobile CPR Unit will host bystander CPR Training sessions at your location for groups of 15 or more.
What we offer:
- Basic instruction on how to use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Certified FDNY EMS instructors
- Compressions-only mannequins and “watch-while-practice” DVD instruction
- Convenient locations throughout the New York City
- Parting gifts: key fobs with CPR instructions and access to the Life Saver app, which guides users through the CPR process, locates nearby AEDs, and keeps beats for 105 compressions per minute (available for Iphone & Android)
Read our FAQ's to learn more about the FDNY's Be 911 Compressions Only CPR program.
The FDNY's Be 911 Compressions Only CPR program does not offer CPR certification at this time, instead our primary goal is to raise awareness of the importance of immediate action in response to sudden cardiac arrest. RECOGNIZE & ACT-BE 911.
Report Your AED location and Save Lives
To register for a free CPR class in your community, please visit our online registration. We can also bring free CPR to YOU! To schedule a group class for 15+ people in your organization, please call the FDNY Mobile CPR Unit at 718-281-3888. Be 911 Compressions Only CPR is a partnership between the FDNY's CPR To Go, the FDNY Foundation, and NYC Service.