GreaterNY is targeted to nonprofits committed to developing and deploying innovative business models to become more adaptive in a changing business climate. Partners meet regularly, work on goals and deliverables, convene as a class, and may become eligible for competitive grant funding to support capacity building projects developed through the partnership.
Program outcomes include:
- Development of earned income streams
- New marketing and branding strategies
- Development of targeted individual donor campaigns and membership programs
- New corporate partnerships
- Strengthened Boards and Board management capacity
In addition to strengthening organizations, GreaterNY’s key impact is the development of catalytic relationships that support New York’s nonprofit leadership and fosters tri-sector collaboration. Partnerships are geared to providing maximum support for nonprofit executives, all communication between corporate and nonprofit partners is considered confidential.
Eligibility for GreaterNY includes:
- Human service organizations and cultural organizations that provide programming for vulnerable residents
- Annual operating budgets of $5- $20 Million
- Organizations must receive City funding
- Leadership must be able to commit roughly 10 hours a month to partnership activities.
GreaterNY’s first class of partnerships completed its work in 2011. Although the application period for new nonprofit candidates has passed, GreaterNY staff welcomes recommendations about other ways to support the sector. The second class of partnerships will launch in October 2012.